Legal Basis for Processing Data
BIONEER CORPORATION (hereinafter, the “Bioneer”) values users’ personal information, strictly complies with statutory obligations on protection of personal information, such as the Personal Information Protection Act of the Republic of Korea, and has created a Policy to manage personal information to protect the users’ right and interest to the maximum extent possible.
The privacy of our website users is very important to us, and we are committed to safeguarding it. This policy explains what we will do with your personal information.
Data Controller / Data Protection Officer
The data controller of this website is BIONEER CORPORATION, a corporation organized and existing under the laws of Republic of Korea, with its head office located at 8-11, Munpyeongseo-ro, Daedeok-gu, Daejeon 34302, Republic of Korea.
The date protection officer of this website is a director of HR department.
Phone: +82 42-939-8287
Collecting personal information
The following types of personal information may be collected, stored, and used:
- information about your computer including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system;
- information about your visits to and use of this website including the referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths;
- information, such as your email address, that you enter when you register with our website;
- information that you enter when you create a profile on our website—for example, your name, e-mail address or other identifiable information;
- information, such as your name and email address, that you enter in order to set up subscriptions to our emails and/or newsletters;
- information that you enter while using the services on our website;
- information that is generated while using our website, including when, how often, and under what circumstances you use it;
- information relating to anything you purchase, services you use, or transactions you make through our website, which includes your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, billing and shipping addresses;
- any other personal information that you send to us.
Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
Using your personal information
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website. We may use your personal information for the following:
- administering our website and business;
- personalizing our website for you;
- enabling your use of the services available on our website;
- sending you goods purchased through our website;
- supplying services purchased through our website;
- sending statements, invoices, and payment reminders to you, and collecting payments from you;
- sending you non-marketing commercial communications;
- sending you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- sending you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- sending you marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- dealing with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
- keeping our website secure and prevent fraud; and
- other uses.
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
Disclosing personal information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, or subcontractors as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
Nevertheless, we ensure that all of them are required to comply with the terms or our privacy policies. We may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
International data transfers
- Information that we collect may be stored, processed in, and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy. Our servers are located in South Korea. Please be advised that we may transfer, store, process your personal information in our facilities if you access our website from outside of South Korea.
- Information that we collect may be transferred to the following countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area: South Korea, U.S., Russia, Japan, China, and India. However, we will endeavor to protect your personal information in compliance with this policy, as well as applicable laws, rules and regulations of South Korea.
- You expressly agree to the transfers of personal information described in this Section F.
Retaining personal information
- This Section G sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations regarding the retention and deletion of personal information.
- Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- Without prejudice to article G(2), we will usually delete personal data by following order:
- Long-term unused members refer to members who do not have a record of using website for one year after final access.
- Such member will be notified of the deletion through e-mail for a certain period of time and will be withdrawn (deleted account) if he or she does not access it by that day.
- Deleted personal data cannot be recovered.
- Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section I, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Security of your personal information
- We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information.
- We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
- All electronic financial transactions entered into through our website will be protected by encryption technology.
- You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you understand any changes to this policy. We may notify you of changes to this policy by email.
You have several rights with regard to your use of our websites.
- You are entitled to the right to access and correct your data at any time by accessing our website.
- You have the right to delete your personal date by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
- You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes and other purposes.
- Our website may ask for your permission for certain uses of your information and you can object to or agree to those uses.
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you.
- We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
- In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
You are also entitled to the right of data portability. Upon your request, Bioneer will provide you with a transferable copy of your personal information.
Rights related to Automated Decision Making and Profiling
We are fully aware that you have right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, so your personal information is not subject to the automated decision-making and profiling.
Our websites are intended for adult audience. We are aware of US and EU’s data protection policy for minors. In response, we do not collect any personal information from a minor who is under the age of 13 in the U.S., and under the age of 16 in EU, without the consent of his/her guardian. Such legal guardian has the right to access and delete the information that the minor provided to us.
Third party websites
If our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
Right to withdraw consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent for processing your data at any time without giving any reasons. The withdrawal of consent does not invalidate the data processing conducted pursuant to consent prior to the withdrawal.
This document was created using a template from SEQ Legal (seqlegal.com) and modified by Website Planet (https://www.websiteplanet.com/blog/make-privacy-policy-gdpr-compliant/)